Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders


Ok so I just joined a boot camp class, and my first one was last night.

Oh. Sweet. Jesus.

I did a similar thing years ago in college ... key words being 'years ago.'

This is only a 45 minute class but honestly - I don't think I could take much more than that.

Muscles that I didn't even know I had are sore.  And I can only imagine what tomorrow will bring, as I find I usually feel the worst 2 days after.

Just in time to go back.

Ahaha! :)

In the meantime... delicious pulled pork sliders!

Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders

  • 1 t. vegetable oil
  • 1 2 to 2 1/2 lb. boneless pork roast
  • 1 C. barbecue sauce
  • 2 T. apple cider vinegar
  • 2/3 C. water
  • 2 T. light brown sugar
  • 1 T. yellow mustard
  • 1/2 C. ketchup
  • 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 t. chili powder
  • 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • package of 12 slider rolls

Combine all ingredients except roast & rolls in pot of a slow cooker.  Whisk or stir until ingredients are evenly distributed.  Score both sides of roast with a few diagonal cuts, and place in slow cooker.  Roll roast to coat with sauce, and cover. 

Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 5-6) or until roast shreds easily with a fork.  Shred in pot (or remove to shred, then return to pot) and stir to coat meat with sauce.  Toast slider rolls if desired.  Spoon pork onto buns and serve.  Makes12 over-stuffed sliders.

Recipe Adapted from Allrecipes.com

8 comments:

  1. I am literary laughing my a** off:))you are so funny! I understand completely what are you talking about..i am doing Billy Banks boot camp..two days ago I almost pass out, but good thing is I am doing it at home!!!:))
    These sliders look so tempting..yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to take a boot camp class but I don't have the balls to join or a babysitter. I love that "it hurts so good feeling" after workouts except when it's the tushy that's sore and it hurts to sit on the toilet. Haha! Good for you though, keep it up! Pulled pork sliders sound amazing. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks good. I adore pulled pork and this slider looks like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pork in any form... These slides look divine... I have never tried a slow cooker before and you are making me want to! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I have never had pulled pork before, have always wanted to try it, and this looks like an easy way to make the jump! I know what's for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why does everything mini always look soo good? An this is made in the slow cooker? Perfect, I cant wait to try. =

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the boot camp class! I've never heard of that.
    Pulled pork in a slow cooker - now theres something I have heard of - and love! I think it really does make the best pulled pork sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i clearly need to use my slow cooker more... thank you so so much for sharing! love this, love you, love your blog! ha. it's a party. i'll keep you updated if i make this!
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...