Saturday, April 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies


If you're a regular reader, you know that our shower was leaking through the ceiling and had to be fixed.


And since it's an old house that hasn't been updated much since it was built, our landlords decided it was probably best to re-do the shower, two of the bathroom walls, and also the floor.

This means we've had a contractor here every day this past week, working on the bathroom (which, by the way, was apparently fortified to withstand a nuclear attack - the walls consisted of not only plaster but also wire mesh, steel bars, and 2 inches of concrete!)

The contractor was here while I was making the chocolate mousse, and one of his workers caught me out in the back of our house taking photographs.  I know how odd this must have looked, so I explained that I have a food blog and was taking pictures for a post.

Then later I was talking to them all, and he brought up the blog to his co-workers.  "This girl has the luckiest husband in the world," he said.  "She has a food blog."

This was met with a murmur of excitement, and prompted comments about food they had smelled in the house previously (namely slow-cooker pulled pork - more on that soon!) so I offered to make them something.  

I knew I had to find something extra delicious, so I went to one of my go-to baking blogs - Brown Eyed Baker.  I'm sure a lot of you are already familiar with it, but if you haven't checked it out you must.  She has the most mouth-watering desserts!

I found these cookies and knew I had a winner.  What's not to like about soft, sugary peanut butter cookies with chunks of Snickers and milk chocolate chips?

I saved a few for Mr. Vittles and I, and left the rest in a ziploc bag in the bathroom.  The next day, I never saw the contractor and his guys but the entire bag was gone so... I guess they weren't too bad.  :)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies

  • 1¼ C. all-purpose flour
  • ¾ t. baking soda
  • ½ t. baking powder
  • ¼ t. salt
  • ½ C. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 C. creamy peanut butter
  • ¾ C. granulated sugar
  • ½ C. light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T. milk
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 1½ C. chopped Snickers candy bars (about 4 regular size bars)
  • 3/4 C. milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats, and set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix again.

Add the flour mixture and beat until flour disappears. Stir in the chopped Snickers and chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets.  Gently flatten each cookie ball with the palm of your hand. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.

Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.  Makes 24.

Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker

26 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I just bought a 6 pack of Snicker's easter eggs--now I know where they are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these last week. They're awesome, its no wonder the guys ate them all up. :) Thanks for sharing that story- hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this come up on my dashboard and repeated the title to my husband. He gave me the look as if I had told him we would get some quality time tonight:)Looks like I'll be heading to the store soon for snickers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and your cookies look delicious. I am heading to the store tomorrow for the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! These contain all of my favorite ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these sound great but I bet would be good with the new peanut butter snickers as well! will have to give them a try....

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so nice to know that I am not the only one feeling like I do when I take photos in the back garden :) Lucky the builders know what a food blog is. I get blank stares when I say those two words. I bet they liked the cookies. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! These sound fantastic! I love snickers and I love soft cookies... This sounds perfect! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much chocolate chips? Did I miss them in the ingredients list?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you had me at "snickers" lol.. great post - looks soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I DID forget to add the chocolate chips - should be 3/4 C. Thank you Chocolate Priestess :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like this is the ultimate guy cookie! (Judging by my work they all love peanut butter cookies AND Snickers) I'll have to make this, when I need to win them over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look absolutely delectable! Thanks for sharing your recipe and stopping by and linking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful recipe, I love the way it looks..so tempting!!!:)
    thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look awesome...! I love cookies with choc chips :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUMMY! Those cookies need to make it to my cookie jar right away! These would be a huge hit in this house. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LMAO...... my boyfriend is a contractor and blames me for having join a gym so Im sure he's the complete opposite of them men working on your bathroom. Sigh.

    I have got to try these cookies though. I have a hidden stash of snickers that were waiting to be made into something.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mu husband LOVES Snickers, just book-marked this! We'd love to invite you to come on by and link it up, if you wish to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Easter Cookies & Treats"

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is it my web browser or are the amounts of the ingredients hard to read?

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Anonymous If you are having trouble reading it, just copy and paste the recipe into a WORD file or notepad. You should be able to read it then.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just made these, but added mashed up Butterfingers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh MY that sounds heavenly! I hope you enjoy them :)

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh they were a complete hit! Aside from the snickers making them gooey and yummy the butterfingers (after being baked in cookies) resembled peanut brittle only softer. I would suggest keeping them on the light LIGHT brown side if those are added though, can be tough to get off of the pan :)
      Thanks for changing my life with these! My husband would agree to that. These were probably the best cookies we have ever had.

      Delete
    3. YUM! Sounds soooo good, I'm glad you and your hubby liked them so much! Thanks for sharing your sweet comments :)

      Delete
  22. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647
    you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...